Friday, November 4, 2011

"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." -Susan Heller

6

has anyone been watching pan-am? my roommate kiki and I have been tuning in religiously. watching them jet set to a different country every week makes me want to give up my ambitions and become a flight attendant... i've been able to suppress this rash and romantic notion within me, however last weeks episode mentioned zagreb. i couldn't help it... my ears perked up, and that jet setting urge within became a little bit stronger. then i talked to karen. the woman with the fabulous red coat. i did it... i let the allure of life as a pan-am stewardess get the better of me.

don't worry. there has been no two-weeks-notice given. i did, however, purchase a round-trip ticket. it's official... i'll be spending thanksgiving in croatia!

now on my desktop lies the picture of this utterly chic parisian woman with a deliciously layered ensemble on that i discovered on the sartorialist almost 2 years ago...


i went to see if he had any stylish packing insight for me posted of croatian woman, but i was disappointed... but not for long! i did a quick little search and discovered a blog entirely devoted to zagreb street style... introducing styletonezagreb! here's some of my favorite inspirations for my trip... just enough to transfer some of that pan-am stewardess stylish glamour onto myself.


top photo is from flickr.

2 comments:

  1. That middle girl looked like you! wait is it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. sara, no it isn't... those are all women from this fashion blog:

    http://styletonezagreb.com/

    all about zagreb street style!

    ReplyDelete