Monday, November 14, 2011

sundays are for swap meets x{2}

the first sunday of every month is the alameda swap meet. usually {while my dad and little brother would go to church} my mom, sisters, and i would play hookie to drive out and peruse the vendors across the bay from the great san francisco. however, since i have moved down to los angeles, my swap meet days have been few and far between. this month i got to go to not 1 swap meet but... {2}! last weekend while up in the bay area, my mom and i woke up at the wee hours in the morning and drove to my dear old friend, the alameda swap meet. i scored a few pieces. one being a fireplace mantel made of old ceiling tile from the late 1800's. {or so i'm told...} my mom became the proud owner of the cutest pair of vintage silver deer. here are a few more pictures of pieces we cam across on our excursion.




if alameda was cake, then what came this weekend was definitely the icing on top! the second weekend of every month pasadena hosts the rosebowl swap meet. with my sister by my side, we hunted for items on my list for my new apartment's decor and any fabulous {and warm} vintage clothing treasures that would be the perfect ensemble on my trip to croatia. my sister found some goodies. one being a fabulous set of scotch glasses that i selflessly let her purchase. {i'm debating on whether i regret this decision or not...} i discovered some brass dragonflies that i'm planning on using as bookends, and an angora sweater that i will parade up and down the streets of zagreb. here's some bits and pieces from our excursion.







here's to many more swap meets to come... happy hunting!

2 comments: