Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{1}st abode

i can't believe it's been almost 4 years since i moved down to los angeles... time flies!! i just moved into a sweet little cottage with my lovely roommates, hana and kiki. we've been discussing design styles as we scramble to get our place decorated in time for our christmas party. this had me reminiscing about my first little apartment...


the {love one another} print was my great-grandmothers. she got it as a wedding present.




that same great-grandmother made this {frame included!} in high school.






most of these pieces i've said goodbye to. {with the exception of my great-grandmother's treasures and my little paris book} i most recently parted ways with my beloved sofa. i had so many hopes and dreams for her. i had the perfect upholstery and refinishing in mind that would have truly made her a stunner. sadly, she heard hollywood calling and left me to star in a {kim kardashian} commercial.

my taste has definitely changed a bit, but at the time i was really proud of my little shenandoah apartment!

...i promise to post before and afters of the new place as the roommates and i work our magic, so... stay tuned! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your eye for creativity & style Jess!! You are VERY talented my friend. WOW. I love it all!! And I remember that apt..... so so so adorable how you decorated.... Do you have any pics of Kim Kardashian on your old couch?? LOL, seriously thought, you should post that on your blog because it really reflects your amazing eye for style. You can SEO her name to get some traffic on here.

    Keep posting!!! Can't wait to see your new place & come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss this place....Jess, you are my fashion/style inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that apartment and your sofa looked pretty good even though you never got to reupholster it! I remember moving you in and crying as we left to drive back up to the Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete